Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our Faith

I strongly believe that the word "FAITH" has a new level of meaning today. People continue to believe on their respective God and Godess and we guys continue to treat them like a group of herd. Visit any pilgrimage and you will be treated like an animal. People dont respect each other inspite of worshipping common idol. I have visited Vaishno Devi, Shirdi, Shani Signapur and i had similar experience. People are just hungry about making money at those places and still want to be counted in God's best books.
I recall a tag line on a school wall, which said : A man asked GOD, Please tell me how can i see you ? God replied - try to help someone in need and once that person smiles, that will be my face. Its pitty, that we continue to earn so much and still have nothing. We can pay thousands to doctors ? to fix our health..we can pay thousands to plan a holiday trip, just to escape from daily busy life..but we cant help a person in distress..isnt that sad.
Coming back to my point regarding faith, I was very dissapointed to observe people responsible for the welfare of these religious places are earning mullah and they have given their 100% to ensure their buisness of selling god's encounter, continues to flourish. Innocense and serenity has no meaning, while visiting vaishno devi, i met a senior citizen, he was atleast 75 yrs old. We both started from katra together, he was walking baby steps..i started my trek and slowly i reached Bhavan..to my surprise, the guy ahead of me in the queue was the same senior citizen..I was simply amazed with power of "FAITH"..it was just his "FAITH" which gave him the will power to trek 12KM and still reach faster than me..I consider myself quite younger as compared to that Sr citizen..still he was able to make it before mw..which was simply amazing..people say that " Mata ne bulaya hai"..i dont agree..its purely your consciousness..

I dont know, i have been quite disturbed to observe our pilgrimages become "Commercial Hub" for money making and everyone is o.k with it. Worst part being our so called VIP's and VVIP's. They have special access to meet god, they dont even think once about thousands of people..queued for several hours..just to get a glimpse of their holy idol..simply terriffic..

Anyways, I still believe its our FAITH in Supreme Superpower which gives us the strength to fight our challenges and continue to :)

1 comment:

  1. I'd agree, pilgrim places are now commercial hubs.

    However, I'd also say that some people go there for faith but also treat it as a pleasure trip or picnic, which is completely wrong. These people have given a boost to the commercialization of such places. Local people have considered this as a business opportunity and thrived on it. Then there are other people who follow the 'herd' mentality and fall into this trap. It just like doctors getting commercialized and prescribing test for their commission. It is just another case for them rather than a human being.

    Still I'd say its OUR FAITH, it could be going to temples and donating thousands of rupees or help the people in need. WE need to make a choice at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete